As a building owner or manager, it can be difficult to weed through the hundreds upon hundreds of commercial companies to find the best vendor to service your facility needs. Not only are their more companies than you can keep track of, but then there are the acronyms: HVAC, HVACR, VAV, VFD.
The process of selecting a vendor can become dizzying. Where do you even begin?
For starters, ask yourself what is important to you and your business. It is important to find a contractor that can meet these needs, a contractor you can trust. But finding a contractor you can trust is often easier said than done.
One way to separate qualified contractors from the pack is to look at their various certifications, like the Mechanical Service Contractors of America (MSCA) STAR and GreenSTAR certifications.
What are the MSCA STAR and GreenSTAR Programs?
MSCA is the leading national trade organization for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) contractors. The MSCA offers two certification programs designed to separate qualified contractors from the pack, MSCA STAR and GreenSTAR.
1. MSCA STAR: Certified companies have demonstrated superior customer service, quality workmanship, and safe and reliable service.
2. MSCA GreenSTAR: Certified companies are recognized as THE “Energy Solutions Providers” of choice in their area. GreenSTAR companies are experts when it comes energy efficiency, LEED certification, green practices, and sustainability.
Crockett Facilities Services: Merging Energy Efficiency and Customer Service
With energy costs accounting for more than 35% of all controllable operating costs for a building, implementing preventive maintenance measures and taking a strategic approach to energy management can result in long-term savings. As a GreenSTAR contractor, we are part of the ENERGY STAR Small Business Network. We are committed to using environmentally-friendly products and participating in energy-specific training programs to help you achieve you energy-saving goals.
At Crockett Facilities Services, we pride ourselves in building relationships of trust with our clients. One of the steps we have taken to ensure we operate in our customers’ best interest is to become both MSCA STAR and GreenSTAR certified.
Crockett Facilities Services became MSCA STAR qualified in March 2011 and earned the MSCA GreenSTAR designation in March 2012. In the MD, VA and DC area, we are one of only 5 companies with the GreenSTAR designation and one of 11 companies with the MSCA STAR qualification.
Earning these designations means that we:
- Have a proven track record of success
- Understand our customers’ needs
- Are recognized as one of the best in the mechanical service industry.
And we can help you:
- Reduce your building’s energy consumption
- Perform energy audits
- Increase net operating income
- Benchmark your buildings’ energy performance
- Track and improve energy efficiency across your entire portfolio of buildings.
For more information, please contact Crockett Facilities Services by calling 301.262.2771 or click here today!
Preventive Maintenance and HVAC Services For Reliable, Safe and Efficient Building Operations