Despite how well you maintain them, all mechanical equipment will eventually reach the end of its lifespan. That includes your commercial HVAC system. Plus, heating and cooling mechanisms eventually wear out in a commercial HVAC system. Keep reading to learn what contributes to your commercial HVAC system’s lifespan, when to repair or replace the system, and how to extend it for as long as possible.
Factors that Extend Your HVAC System’s Lifespan
The average life expectancy of most commercial HVAC systems ranges between 15 to 20 years with regular maintenance. In addition, your commercial HVAC system will wear out fast if you don’t complete the necessary maintenance and repairs. So, to extend your commercial HVAC system’s lifespan, check out the following factors that play a role:
- If your HVAC isn’t large enough to cool or heat the designated space, it will overwork and result in unnecessary wear and tear. If your commercial HVAC is too large, it will consistently cycle on and off. Therefore, it will accelerate the deterioration and reduce efficient heating and air conditioning.
- Prevent dirty air ducts and clogged coils by changing the HVAC filters at recommended intervals to extend your commercial HVAC system’s lifespan. Make sure to review the manufacturer’s recommendations to know how often to replace the filters.
- Routine quarterly maintenance with spring and fall start-ups is a general rule of thumb. An experienced HVAC contractor such as Crockett Facilities Services can recommend preventative maintenance to extend your commercial HVAC system’s lifespan.
Repair or Replace? That is the Question
You’ll have a decision to make if your commercial HVAC system isn’t operating correctly – repair it or purchase a new one. Here are multiple questions to ask yourself to determine the right choice:
- How much will it cost to repair my current commercial HVAC system? In many cases, you save money in the long run by upgrading to a new, more energy-efficient HVAC system.
- Are there any incentives available from the local utilities or government to decrease the cost of a replacement system?
- Consider re-balancing the HVAC to determine if the system is operating in accordance with the original design parameters.
- Do you have the right service provider, employing licensed and trained journeymen?
- Also, are annual preventive maintenance and repair costs constantly exceeding budget?
Contact us today so we can help prolong your commercial HVAC system’s lifespan!
Crockett Facilities Can Help!
Crockett Facilities Services, Inc. (CFSI) is committed to helping building owners, property managers, engineers, and facility professionals navigate the post-COVID-19 environment. We can develop a cost-effective, customized program for your building that will mitigate the potential health risks of COVID-19. Click Here to Request a Quote!
To learn more about the importance of reopening your building safely, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at 202.860.1412 or email@example.com. Our PM contract customers receive priority treatment with 24/7 emergency service in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and Pinterest!