The efficiency, performance, and longevity of your commercial HVAC equipment largely depend on how well and often the equipment is maintained. The failure of a commercial heating or cooling system could be anything from a minor inconvenience to a complete shutdown. At the very least, employees and customers will be uncomfortable while the system is out. And at worst, a commercial HVAC failure could lead to building closure, floods, or property damage. To prevent these problems and to keep your commercial HVAC system working at its best, you should regularly schedule preventive maintenance inspections. Preventative maintenance is most effective when it’s performed per the manufacturer’s recommended intervals. Let’s go over the importance of preventive maintenance for commercial HVAC equipment.
What Goes into HVAC Preventative Maintenance?
During a typical preventive maintenance visit, your trained HVAC technician will perform several checks and inspect various equipment, including:
- Monitoring refrigerant levels and checking the system for leaks
- Inspecting electrical connections
- Checking gas connections for leaks
- Lubricating moving parts
- Testing the system safety and metering devices to ensure it’s functioning properly
- Checking air filters and cleaning or replacing as necessary
At Crockett Facilities, our preventive maintenance programs are flexible and mindful of customers’ budgets. Our program provides options ranging from full coverage to testing and inspecting programs.
Benefits of Preventative HVAC Maintenance
Keeping up with the health of your HVAC system is helpful. But how does it benefit a business owner or property manager? A preventative maintenance program provides many benefits, including:
- Preventing costly breakdowns: When an HVAC system component fails, replacement and repair costs can be high. And it is particularly frustrating when you learn the problem could have been avoided with regular maintenance.
- Reduced energy bills: A well-maintained system uses less energy and fuel, decreasing monthly utility costs. In addition, HVAC equipment that’s in good shape won’t need to run more often to make up for performance deficiencies.
- Extends the life of the system: HVAC systems have a life expectancy, so eventually, major repairs or replacements will be necessary. But suppose you can avoid a hefty bill for two years rather than paying it today. In that case, it has a significantly positive impact on your finances as a property owner or manager.
- Improving air quality: HVAC systems are designed to support a healthy, comfortable indoor climate. Getting your system serviced regularly keeps the indoor air healthy and clean.
- Protects your business: HVAC systems are designed to operate safely and rarely cause damage. However, they are powered by electricity, natural gas, and other fuels that can be dangerous if not controlled and used correctly. It is essential to have a technician check for a small leak or other issues before they become bigger problems.
Crockett Facilities Can Help!
Crockett Facilities Services, Inc. (CFSI) is committed to helping building owners, property managers, engineers, and facility professionals navigate the post-COVID-19 environment. We can develop a cost-effective, customized preventive maintenance program for your building. Click Here to Request a Quote!
To learn more about the importance of reopening your building safely, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at 202.860.1412 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our PM contract customers receive priority treatment with 24/7 emergency service in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and Pinterest!