In order to upkeep the value of your commercial properties, you need to perform regular commercial building maintenance. This will ensure everything is functioning well. Keep reading to learn what is involved in commercial building maintenance and how you can stay on top of everything.
What is Commercial Building Maintenance?
Commercial building maintenance refers to regular tasks that must be completed to keep appearances and the building functional. The tasks include washing windows to plumbing inspections to HVAC servicing. So, before you invest in a piece of a commercial building, you should ensure what kind of maintenance is required and understand your responsibilities.
Who Handles the Building Maintenance?
As the owner, you are ultimately responsible for the building maintenance. However, there are several ways to assign and distribute the maintenance tasks.
- You can complete some repairs and maintenance yourself if you have a smaller property. Remember to hire professionals for things like electrical and HVAC.
- Hire a commercial HVAC contractor or property maintenance service provider to handle most of the work for you. Crockett Facilities Services offer HVAC installation & repair, water treatment programs, and beyond.
- In addition, you can make the tenant/s responsible for all repairs and maintenance.
Commercial Building Maintenance Checklist
Moreover, commercial buildings require constant maintenance. This will vary from one structure to another. An example is the HVAC system. Any heating and cooling units within your commercial building have to be routinely checked. Air filters should be replaced at least once a month, and air intakes and exhaust systems need regular cleaning.
Commercial Building Maintenance Costs
Furthermore, building maintenance charges will differ from one property to another. Factors that affect maintenance expenses include:
- The property’s size
- The number of buildings
- Also, the age of the buildings – older properties require more maintenance
- In addition, the types of amenities
- Lastly, whether or not the building includes a parking garage or parking lot
This is why it’s critical to do your research when investing in commercial real estate. The building’s sale price may be within your budget, but you might regret it if the annual maintenance costs exceed your expectations.
Crockett Facilities Can Help!
Crockett Facilities Services, Inc. (CFSI) is committed to helping building owners, property managers, engineers, and facility professionals navigate the post-COVID-19 environment. We can develop a cost-effective, customized program for your building that will mitigate the potential health risks of COVID-19. Click Here to Request a Quote!
To learn more about the importance of reopening your building safely, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at 202.600.2787 or email@example.com. Our PM contract customers receive priority treatment with 24/7 emergency service in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and Pinterest!